Don’t Worry, Sunbrella Has You Covered!

We get it, life can be messy! Life is full of surprises, whether it holds kids getting marker on your furniture, the dog sleeping on the sofa, or your best friend spilling red wine on your favorite chair. The mess is going to happen; therefore, performance fabric is a MUST when it comes to furnishing your indoors and out!

That is why Summer Classics has an exclusive partnership with the market innovator for performance fabrics, Sunbrella. Sunbrella fabric is tactile yet durable, has industry-leading environmental characteristics, is easy to care for and offers long life as it offers a beautiful array of water-repellent and fade resistant fabric options. These fabrics are tough as they are designed to withstand every spill or stain your family will bring to the table.

sunbella

One of the best ways to keep Sunbrella fabric looking their best is to brush off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabrics and wipe up spills or clean soon after the stain occurs. Remember – the quicker you clean spills and stains, the easier they can be to remove.

According to Sunbrella, 98% of stains can easily be removed by spraying on a cleaning solution of water and mild soap directly to the stain and using a soft bristle brush to clean. Yes, it is that simple! For those remaining 2% of stubborn stains, try using a diluted bleach/soap mixture and spot clean.

sunbrella

Another common concern we hear at Summer Classics, is the concern of mold and mildew growth on outdoor cushions. Even though Sunbrella fabrics are known to not promote mildew growth, it still may grow on dirt or other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. This is where bleach is involved! Don’t be intimated by this, if you follow these steps you will not have to worry:

  1.  Prepare a solution of 1 cup of bleach and ¼ cup mild soap per gallon of water
  2.  Spray on entire area and allow to soak into the fabric for 15 minutes
  3. Clean entire surface area with a sponge, clean towel or very soft bristle brush
  4. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue
  5. Air dry

Summer Classics also offers an extra layer of protection with our Premium Dream Cushion. Not only is this cushion extra comfortable, but it has a waterproof, rain-resistant jacket that covers the cushion core; therefore, not letting any moisture seep into that core, preventing mildew and mold growth.

If you want to learn more about Sunbrella, please visit their website.