Birmingham, Alabama, August 29, 2013, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Summary: Outdoor furniture manufacturer, Summer Classics announced today the purchase of the remaining shares of Parker James, a boutique patio furniture company. Parker James new President who will oversee the daily operations is Harold Hudson, the former Sr. VP of Marketing, National Accounts for Summer Classics and an employee of Summer Classics for more than 20 years.
Summer Classics buys Parker James Remaining Shares
Summer Classics, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of high quality casual and outdoor furniture in the United States, announced today the purchase of the remaining shares of Parker International, LLC, d.b.a. Parker James, an outdoor furniture company. Jim Parker, CEO and 60% owner of Parker International, LLC, sold his remaining ownership to Summer Classics who owned the remaining 40% of Parker International. It will act as a subsidiary of Summer Classics. Terms of the transaction are private. Parker James new President who will oversee the daily operations is Harold Hudson, the former Sr. VP of Marketing, National Accounts for Summer Classics and an employee of Summer Classics for more than 20 years.
“We are excited about this next phase of the Parker legacy, and plan to grow what Jim has built for the last 11 years. Harold has assembled an operations team from Summer Classics that, frankly, is incredible.” said Bew White, III, CEO of Summer Classics.
“I am excited about this opportunity to take Parker James to the next level under the Summer Classics umbrella. We have assembled a great team here at Summer Classics to help us accomplish this goal.” says Harold Hudson.
Parker James designs and manufactures casual furnishings for leading U.S. retailers and design professionals throughout North America. PJ seamlessly combines the best available materials and finishes to produce authentic, comfortable, timeless furniture built to last.
Summer Classics is a premier innovator, manufacturer, and retailer of fine outdoor furniture in the U.S. For over a quarter century, the family owned company has aimed to delight its customers by passionately designing patio furniture from the belief that timeless designs can and will be embraced for years. Life’s best moments. Furnished.™