Make the Most of a Small Patio Space
With more and more people downsizing to apartment’s, condo’s and urban loft’s, the furniture market has had to adjust and increase the availability of more modular, smaller scale and multifunctional furniture. However, when it comes to outdoor living, you don’t need a lot of space to make a big statement!
Whether you’re looking for a place to entertain or a retreat to sit back and read a book, there is nothing more joyous than creating your own outdoor oasis. In need of some inspiration? To get started, we have rounded up 5 ways to maximize your small patio space so you can make the most of what you have and enjoy this fall season outside!
1. No Storage, No Problem!
The versatile use of an outdoor console table can add just the right amount of storage and charm to a patio. It can also function as a bar table or dining buffet, perfect for hosting an outdoor gathering! Check out some of these great Summer Classics outdoor storage options.
2. Be Strategic About Scale
Be sure to measure your space before splurging on outdoor patio furniture! No matter the budget, you want to make sure the measurements of the furniture frame are to scale of your patio. Depending on the size of your space, there are numbers of ways to arrange your furniture so you can fit just the right amount of seating, keeping everyone comfortable and happy!
Some idea’s to consider:
- Use modular furniture – In need of a lot of seats? This is a great way to really customize your space and take advantage of the small patio size.
- Opt in for smaller scale patio furniture – Instead of filling your space with a sofa or larger scale lounge chairs, go for the smaller-sized option like occasional chairs or dining arm chairs. These are a great way to maximize the space of a small patio! Consider forming a chat group here.
- Stackable furniture -Stackable furniture gives you the option to transform your space in just a matter of minutes. Stackable chairs, like our Skye Dining Chairs, offer the option to entertain, but is easily tucked away to create extra room when they are not in use.
3. Add some life to your small patio!
Just because you are limited on space, it doesn’t mean you have to limit yourself on design! Adding flower’s and plant’s help create a little patio oasis. For fall, add grassy shrubs, white pumpkins, and succulents – the more variety the better! Try mixing things up by creating an eclectic look with your planters. Use unique materials, shapes and sizes to add a more collected look to your patio or balcony space! Need some inspiration? Check out this how-to guide to balcony gardening!
4. Bring your dining (or drinking) table outdoors!
Get out and enjoy an outdoor happy hour or an al fresco dinner! Adding a bistro table set, makes plenty of room for alfresco dining for 4. Also, consider going for the cushion-less option to create a worry-free patio dining experience.
5. Dress a Bench
Adding function and style to your tiny patio doesn’t always require a full furniture set. Instead, a single bench can easily please and seat a small crowd. Be sure to pile on the throw pillows to maximize comfort! Need some outdoor throw pillow inspiration? Take a look inside our newest performance pillow line Wendy Jane by Gabby on our blog!