Upholstered Swivel Chairs
Unrivaled in movement, function, and flexibility, swivel chairs have been an industry standard for many years. Now, designer-favorite swivels are available in an array of irresistible styles from Gabby custom tailored upholstery. Why have these seats become so popular? Upholstered swivel chairs enhance the modern home with adaptability and seamless motion, while simultaneously solving a plethora of design challenges. Small space? Consider a swivel chair. Open floor plan? Consider a swivel chair. Multiple focal points? You guessed it—consider a swivel! Today, we will explore a dozen of our best-selling upholstered swivel chairs to enhance, not dictate, your home’s layout and design.
Where to Incorporate an Upholstered Swivel Chair
The truth is, there’s no right answer when it comes to swivel chair placement; simply look for a piece that fits your scale and style. Then, get creative—unexpected areas can often benefit the most from flexible seating. Here are five of our favorite spaces for incorporating Gabby upholstered swivel chairs into the action:
1) Sunroom: Soak in the landscape from the comfort of a casual seat, like our Bridgette Swivel chair. With a relaxed flange welt and extra cushions for added support, this piece is ideal for hours of outdoor tranquility.
2) Home Office: When your laptop, cell phone, file folders, and coffee cup are spread across the desk, a full range of motion is required. Work smarter with a business-ready seat, like the tailored Liam Swivel chair.
3) Nursery: A parent’s hands are always full. With a great swivel chair, mom & dad can easily reach for the bottle, wipes, or bedtime story while remaining seated. For enveloping support, we suggest the Westley Swivel.
4) Master Suite: At the foot of the bed, beside a deep soaking tub… upholstered swivel chairs belong in the master bedroom. Have a dreamy walk-in closet? Add the fashion-forward Monroe Swivel inside a spacious wardrobe for luxurious boudoir seating.
5) Living Room: Equally suited for a sprawling floor plan or a quaint pied-à-terre, the Willow Swivel is a fantastic all-purpose option. Whether the room’s focal point is the television, artwork, or a picturesque outdoor view, guests can easily glide toward the visual focus.
How Designers Say to Incorporate Accent and Swivel Chairs
Why do design professionals often opt for swivel chairs? We went straight to the source, interviewing interior designer Cherith Craft of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Craft believes swivel chairs work hard to “bring spaces together” in the modern home. She explains, “Most of our homes have an open ﬂoor plan from the kitchen to the living room. I love to use Gabby swivel chairs between those two spaces so that the chairs can be utilized from both rooms.”
In her own home, Craft selected two Reagan Swivel Chairs for the perfect profile and “flawless” movement. “We love the height of it,” she shares, yet “style and fabric options” are still her main criteria when selecting seating for a client’s home. Fortunately, Gabby custom tailored upholstery is an excellent source of bespoke elements; hundreds of distinct frame, upholstery, and trim combinations can be created. Now, let’s explore some of our best-selling swivel styles.
Style Superlatives: Six Standout Swivels
From relaxed to rebellious, Gabby’s diverse collection of swivel chairs appeal to an enormous range of different families, homes, and interior styles. These six swivels have won the hearts of clients worldwide. So, who will you choose?
1) The Heartthrob: Graham Swivel. Plush tufting, feather-soft cushions, and shining nailhead trim…the Graham Swivel always makes our heart flutter. Truly one of our most handsome swivels, it’s not difficult to imagine hours of comfort wrapped in Graham’s inviting arms.
2) The Modern Minimalist: Walsh Swivel. Sometimes, less is more. Sculpted with seamless curves, our Walsh Swivel stands alone as a modern masterpiece. With a low-profile and gently rounded frame, the Walsh introduces subtle modernism into the contemporary home.
3) The Rockstar: Patton Swivel Rocker. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile. Topped with an eye-catching row of nailhead trim, our Patton Swivel Rocker has earned a squadron of loyal fans with ultra-inviting seating, adaptability, and smooth movement. Rock on.
4) The Perfect Host: Hayes Swivel. Exuding quiet elegance, the slipcovered Hayes Swivel always entertains with style and grace. From Monday night bookclub to Superbowl Sunday, Hayes welcomes guests with relaxed comfort (and washer-friendly upholstery).
5) The Deco Darling: Reeves Swivel. Demure and impossibly charming, the Reeves Swivel is a study in vintage-meets-modern design. Like the marquee lights on classic Art-Deco architecture, cascading trim highlights the sloping frame of this petite piece.
6) The Style Chameleon: Baldwin Swivel. Adaptable to virtually any environment, our Baldwin Swivel is unmatched in customization options. Baldwin can be designed with three different nail head designs, and covered in a multitude of upholstery choices, including twenty-four new fabric and leather options for spring 2018.